Here are a few tips to help you make the most out of your cleaning your car.
- Be sure to clean your rims and tires prior to the actual car. Make sure to use a different cloth or rage so you don’t scratch your vehicles paint with debris from the wheels.
- Use a good tire car cleaning product along with a stiff brush. A good product will remove all the brake dust that blackens your rims.
- If you have to use a household cleaner. Make sure it is only a shampoo you use. Other products will strip the wax from the paint and damage your vehicles finish.
- Rinse the cloth in clean water frequently to avoid scratching the finish.
- Wash your door jams once per month.
- When doing the body be sure to rinse thoroughly starting from the top to bottom including the wheels and fenders.
- To rinse, remove the spray nozzle from the hose. Starting at the roof, let the water cascade down the surface of the vehicle.
- Dry the vehicle with a chamois to avoid scratching the finish.
- Once the vehicle is both clean and dry, apply the wax following the manufacturer’s directions. It is recommended to avoid waxing in direct sunlight.
Car Maintenance Schedule
The key to a long lasting vehicle is to provide regular maintenance. Be sure to create a car maintenance schedule and stick to it. Here are a few car care maintenance tips to help:
- Monthly check for tire inflation and condition, lights, check engine light on and window washer fluid.
- Every 3 months check the automatic transmission fluid, battery and cables, belts, engine air filter, oil and filter, exhaust, fuel filter, power steering fluid and hoses.
- Every 6 months check your chassis for lubrication and inspect your wiper blades.
- Every 12 months check your brakes, cabin air filter, coolant, spark plugs and steering / suspension.
- Following a car maintenance schedule and dealing with the car maintenance costs will save you big money on car repairs in the long run.
Regular car washing does not add much to your car maintenance costs. In the end when you are ready to sell your vehicle a clean, well maintained car will be a huge selling factor.
Apply Now : And be driving in your new or used car tomorrow.